10 Hidden Benefits of Google My Business
If you’re a local business looking to thrive in the digital age, you’re likely using Google My Business. Google’s comprehensive, listing-based platform is aimed at helping web audiences find and engage with businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Serving as a type of online directory, Google My Business allows businesses to manage consistent information about their company across the web, in addition to providing tools for interacting with customers (present and potential), sharing relevant updates, and analyzing data insights. Utilizing Google My Business is a no-brainer for local businesses looking to expand their audience—and ultimately, their sales.
The Obvious Benefits of Google My Business?
Like we mentioned, there are some clear, obvious benefits for utilizing the Google My Business platform. Let’s review a few:
- It’s Free. To start promoting your business, building your brand, and establishing customer relationships—all important goals—you don’t need to dish out tons of your hard-earned business dollars. Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to start promoting your business easily. Plus, GMB sign-up isn’t a lengthy or complicated process. Getting your business included on the free platform is a budget, and beginner-friendly, way to start building your business.
- Consistency. You want the information on the web about your business to be accurate—no matter where your customers find it. GMG helps you input, manage, and update the correct information and details about your business across the internet on one directory so that searchers are getting the right info through search engine queries. This is one with a caveat: you must keep the information up to date in order to gain from this Google-powered benefit.
- Local SEO Boost. GMB can be a key part of your local SEO and marketing strategy, helping customers in your area find you, and your business improve search engine rankings.
- Easily Manageable. Supplying information about your business to audiences can be done easily on one master dashboard within Google My Business, providing you a stress-free way to increase your business’ visibility on the web. Plus, GMB has an app available for on-the-go management.
- Helps Create Good First Impressions. Creating an accurate and detailed GMB listing helps your business put its best face forward. Utilizing photo and video upload features give your customers the most thorough idea of what your business can offer them.
- Simplified Review Management. Monitor, manage and respond to reviews from your GMB dashboard to stay connected with customers and improve relationships.
- Engagement Opportunities. You don’t just want audiences to find your business; you want them to connect with you. GMB provides numerous opportunities for customer interaction, like posts and messaging, and makes it easy to nurture relationships with your audiences.
- Provides Insights. Google My Business provides you with insider insights about your business listing, giving you valuable knowledge into what’s working and what’s not. Insights focus on how customers find your listing on Search and Maps, and what they do after they find it, helping you make changes to improve your listing—and your business.
- Provides Perspective. With rich insights, review integration, and customer interaction features, Google My Business allows you to gain perspective on your business’ online reputation. Knowing how audiences perceive your business will help you improve and grow.
10 Hidden Benefits of Google My Business?
It’s easy to see that taking advantage of Google My Business’ host of features can help you manage your business info and promote your company in simple ways. But what about the not-so-obvious advantages of Google My Business? Are there unseen merits to the service? Definitely. Here are ten gold-star features and benefits of GMB you might not have known about.
- Bookings. When offering a service to potential and repeat customers, you don’t want to tire them by making them jump through complicated procedural hoops to connect with you or find information. In conjunction with an integrated provider, GMB’s Bookings feature makes it easy for visitors to easily schedule appointments through your listing, and for you to manage those bookings on a simple online interface.
- Greater ROI. It’s been found: local search delivers a greater ROI than other digital marketing channels. Plus, it delivers higher-quality leads and more engagement (i.e. clicks and calls). With GMB, you’re taking key steps toward building your local SEO and drawing customers to your business. That’s a big plus.
- Menu Tool. If you’re a local restaurant, salon, or business that offers list-style services, you can use GMB’s Menu tool to show audiences what you offer directly within their Google search. Without having to utilize a third-party service, you can edit menu selections, including titles, prices, descriptions, even nutritional stats. This way, your audiences don’t have to go scouring the web for the info they want about your business’ offerings. The convenience and accessibility will not go unnoticed by customers.
- Heat Map Insights. In addition to basic insights about how customers are finding your GMB listing, Google allows you to track from which areas customers are requesting directions to your business, and at various zoom levels, like post code, city, and country. This provides useful clues into which geographies are being attracting to your business. This in turn, can help you plan and execute your marketing efforts more effectively. Heatmap insights can be accessed from your GMB dashboard.
- Offer Post Tool. Really, it’s no secret: most people are enticed by a good deal. GMB gives you a simple way to market to sale-seeking audiences with Offer Posts, through which you can publicize discounts and drum up business. A bonus: it’s free to use.
- “People Also Search For” Footer. While you want audiences to only have eyes for your business, GMB provides simple but useful insights into your company’s competitors with it’s “People Also Search For” feature. Located at the bottom of your Google listing, this footer allows you to see what other types of products customers might be searching for, and what other businesses might be associated with yours. By cluing in to your competition, you can boost your efforts to offer the best value in your field through your business.
- Website Builder Tool. DYK? Through GMB, you can create a free, customizable, mobile-friendly website with their easy-to-use builder tool. Create, edit, and publish a simple, yet professional page site that searchers can access to connect with your business. Plus, you can outfit your site with a custom domain and connect it with Adwords for simple advertising integration.
- Relationship-Building Opportunity. Creating and managing a GMB listing isn’t a one-sided effort; it’s an opportunity to build engaging, two-way relationships before you even meet customers in person. By building a thorough business listing, updating it regularly, and connecting with audiences through posts, review response, and messaging, you demonstrate not only strong customer service skills, but a genuine interest in personal connection.
- Community. Because it’s Google, GMB offers you access to an extensive and knowledgeable community that can help as you navigate the tool and seek to optimize your listing. Within the community, you can ask questions, access educational resources, and find answers to how-to or best practice questions.
- Partnership. “Making friends” with Google by utilizing their tools is a never a bad idea for your business. In fact, connecting with the search engine of all search engines can only help your business. Partnering with Google’s virtual prominence will help you establish and build brand visibility.
Google My Business is good for your business. And getting the most out of the tool is not just about having accessible hours of operation info or some flashy photos on an online listing. Utilizing the full range of Google My Business’ comprehensive and beneficial features to create and optimize your listing can take your business to the next level of growth with new leads, strong customer relationship building, and a well-managed online reputation. If you haven’t already, you can get started building your listing on the GMB site.